Can the Internet Make Your Life Better ??

I seem to spend more and more time on the internet.  Sure, I take time away for my family.  I homeschool my girls, so they certainly get more of my time then children who go to a public school.  Plus, I am at nearly every swim practice, swim meet, softball game, softball practice, I am my son's homeroom mom, plus try and help out in every school activity, so it's not like I'm addicted to the darn internet.

But somedays I sit down - and wham - 2 hours have gone by.  Sure, thanks to FB I know what all my friends are doing.  I know that I've killed over 250 people on Mafia Wars.  I know that I delete way more emails then I actually open, and I know I've saved thousands of dollars shopping online - but the more I think about it - the more I realize, that I can use the internet for way more than just saving money and entertainment.  

So - I'm going to make my life better - and you can come along.  You can join me if you want - that would be fun.  Here's what I'm going to do

This week -

NEWO - I have this No Excuse Work Out software - I can track my workouts online, have access to a personal trainer - everything.  So I'm going to use it.  Today I logged on - with my current weight (YIKES!) and started fresh from day one. 

GoWear fit Lifestyle and Calorie Management SystemBody Bugg - I love, love, love my Body Bugg - it tracks every single calorie I burn - and I've realized that I burn more calories in a normal day of yard work then I do on a day when I spend 90 minutes at the gym.  Not that I'm giving up my gym membership - but losing weight can be done at home.



Menus - I've been a member of Saving Dinner for soooo long, I probably have enough menu's stored up to cook thousands of different meals - now is the time to start incorporating them into some type of database so that when chicken is on sale - I can punch in chicken and get 5 new recipes.  There is a web site that hosts Menu Plan Monday - lots of ideas there as well.

Cleaning - OK, now that I'm just about finished with college (1 more week - never thought I'd see the day when I'd have my very own diploma to hang in my office) anyway, it's time to concentrate on making my home wonderfully clean - all the way down to the baseboards (which are horribly dusty right now).  So what better way then FlyLady?  I already have my notebook ready to go. 

So - Mondays are always great days to start - but I'm going to "practice" getting back on track by starting where I am now.  I'll be checking in more regularly - if you post a follow up - I'll follow up on you too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday