January 2013 - Getting it Done Challenge

Judy at Patchwork Times often inspires me to become more organized.  Will I ever have the neatly labeled food pantries and shelves of color coded fabrics that she manages to keep up with - probably not.  But she has issued a challenge to list 4 things that you'd like to accomplish each month - and I think that'll help me get right on track, with sewing at least !

  • Finish first 3 BOM for Moon Glow Quilt.  I love this BOM.  I want to stay on top of it, so that when I receive the finishing kit sometime at the end of this year, I can box up the top and ship it off to the quilters !
  • Hem Adam's pants.  As a mom that can sew, I feel terrible when my son's pants are dragging on the ground.  He's a tall boy - not real sure why his pants are so long - but I do need to get those pj's hemed !
  • Work on the color challenge from last year.  Judy from Patchwork Times also issued monthly challenges last year to create a quilt using colors from different photos.  I did one - designed it, and worked up many of the blocks, but didn't finish.  It's a quick and easy block to make up, so I'd like to at least work on it.  I'm not putting down that I want to finish it - because honestly I'm not real sure how much is left to do
  • Start designing a quilt for Amanda.  She recently got married to the man who has cooked dd#2's birthday dinner for the last 3 years in a row.  I love this couple, and need to design them a special quilt.  She likes more muted colors than I usually work with - but I'll make her whatever she wants to match her living room !
Here is the first block from Moon Glow - you can see from the colors why I love this quilt !

Comments

WyoPat said…
I love the colors of your Moon Glow, too!
Anonymous said…
It really does glow! Love your list. Busy times ahead this month!

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday