Design Wall Monday

 A few weeks ago, Judy from Patchwork Times told her readers that there is NO EXCUSE not to learn how to make socks - with You Tube and the internet, it's almost like having someone sitting next to you teaching you. I've tried socks before - no luck. Maybe because I started with sock weight yarn, and it was too fine for my extra large hands?


 Either way, my daughter asked me for a pair of warm sock slippers. Why not? Should be easy. I checked what I hand I on hand, found a pattern that seemed doable, and made these -









Now of course, pinks/blues are definately not her colors, so after proving to myself that I could do it, I bought a more "her" color (as close to black as I could find) and whipped up these, in just two nights !


So, don't ever give up - cause if I can figure it out, anyone can !  Next week - back to quilting !  To see what others are working on, check out Judy's blog at Patchwork Times !

Comments

Vicki H. said…
Your socks look great. I have never tried to knit any because I couldn't get the sock yarn to stop giving me fits!! Great job learning and finishing something new.
Well done on the socks. I want to make some, but need another hobby like I need a hole in the head!
Laura said…
They look super! Great job :-)
Chris said…
They look great. I took years to master socks and now I love making them.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday