Overnight Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
I'll be making this one tonight.
You could substitute cranberries in this recipe if you prefer (it will just be a bit more tart than the blueberry version).
Canola cooking spray
1 cup cake flour (regular white flour can be substituted)
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (you can delete this and use 2 cups of cake flour if desired)
3/4 cup granulated sugar (Splenda® can be substituted)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream (light can be substituted)
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1 large egg
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (Splenda® can be substituted)
- 6 tablespoons cake flour or white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons no- or low-trans fat margarine (butter can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream.
1. Coat a 9x9x2-inch sqare baking dish (or similar round pan) with canola cooking spray.
2. Add cake flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, sugar or Splenda®, baking powder, salt, canola oil, fat-free sour cream, low-fat milk, and egg to large mixing bowl and beat for about 30 seconds until blended. Carefully stir in blueberries and spread in prepared pan.
3. Add the crumb topping ingredients to a small food processor (or use a pastry blender and a medium-sized bowl) and mix together briefly -- just until blended and crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over cake batter.
4. Cover dish well and put in refrigerator overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 375°F. Bake in center of oven until cake tests done (about 45 minutes).
Per serving (using Splenda): 4 points
219 calories, 6 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 4.1 g monounsaturated fat, 2.6 g polyunsaturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 398 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
Per serving (using sugar): 7 points
340 calories, 6 g protein, 63 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 4.1 g monounsaturated fat, 2.6 g polyunsaturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 398 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 21%.