Spring Forward - Don't Forget

Don't forget to spring those clocks forward when you go to bed Saturday night. I'll be missing my WW meeting again this week - swim practice is at 8 a.m. - don't know why the coaches need such an early start - but since it's the end of the season - we'll be there ! I'll definately be at WW next week - need to stay on track.

Been doing pretty well food wise - just need to stay away from the snacking. The new breadmaker is awesome - I've been making 2 loaves per day - freezing one - it makes for excellent toast - plus I've been using bran and oats and flax seed meal - so the bread is healthy. The loaf that is cooking now is mango and nut .... a new invention .... we'll see.

Found this great recipe online - tweeked it a bit to fit my use - and will make it for dinner tomorrow night. Only 4 pts per slice - and it's 1/8th of the pie - not 1/12th like a normal serving. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pumpkin Cream Pie

2 cups skim milk
2 packages fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup pumpkin, canned
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup fat free whipped topping, thawed
1 each pie crust, 9 inch baked

DIRECTIONS
Combine milk, pie filling mix, pumpkin, spices, and whipped topping in a deep, narrow-bottom bowl. Beat at lowest speed of an electric mixer for about 1 minute. Pour filling into cooled pie shell.
Chill until set, about 3 hours

From the reviews online - it said to let it sit in the fridge overnight - or freeze first then thaw and serve - but I think I'll just cut the milk down to 1 1/2 cups and see if that makes a better pie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday