ORGANIZE?

I was sooooo ready to participate in the organizational challenge being held here -





BUT - a visit to my Ortho (let's see, thats the 6th visit in under 2 months) told me that I no longer needed an MRI - since I had re-injured the same wrist and I wasn't really doing anything - he scheduled me for surgery. Seems as if after the surgery I'll be in a long arm splint for a couple weeks, then a long arm cast again for another 4-6 weeks. SOOOOO - I'm not sure how much organizing I'll get done - but since I took the pictures of my office - I figured I'll give it a shot anyway. This is my office - I run 3 businesses from here. I also take care of all our personal financials - so it's kinda overwhelming at times.



This is picture #1 - this pile of boxes in the corner are all filled with stuff that needs to go to our home in Egypt. I have a coffee maker, enough vitamins for a year, 2 sets of pots and pans, a set of sheets - the bag on top is filled with Crystal Light, and there are some clothes that will fit various nephews and nieces. Since we aren't planning on traveling anytime soon - these can certainly find a home in the garage - right?

This is my filing cabinet. As you can see - more boxes - these hold some extra fabric that won't fit into my fabric closet in the laundry room. There is also a box of batting and some weed killer. The kids swim ribbons decorate the mirror - only because I cannot think of a better way to display them all - so they are just hanging there until I do. The boxes of paperwork in the front are from this years taxes - seeing as those are also done, these can go into the garage as well.
More boxes - empty - because you never know when the urge to ebay something will strike you, and you won't have the right box to mail it in....



My desk and more filing cabinets - the filing cabinet behind my desk (under the window) holds all the kids school work. The second metal cabinet holds bills/receipts and other things. My desk is a mess - which is why I didn't get too close - it's embarassing. Sticky notes everywhere - and the problem is - I DO USE THEM - nearly every day. URGH. OK - so one month - lets see where it gets me.

Thanks to Laura at http://orgjunkie.blogspot.com/ for organizing this challenge !!















Comments

I save boxes in the same way! It just about killed me to recycle 7 perfectly good boxes today....but I do appreciate the little bit less clutter that I was left!
Laura said…
Hello! Thanks for participating in the challenge. I'm sorry about your arm though....bummer!
Sounds like your fabric has outgrown its designated space and you might have to let some of it go. I also have a little box stash for ebay! One idea is to flat pack them so they don't take up as much space.
Good luck to you,
Laura
A Juggling Mum said…
Good Luck with the challenge, I'll be watching your progress with interest :)

Rachel xxx
http://jugglingmum.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday