Happy New Year

It's going to be a great year.  My first resolution - was to spend more "me time" so today - I've actually gotten out fabric and sewed !  First - fabric for a monochrome quilt challenge that Judy at Patchwork Times is hosting.  This months color is yellow - I'm mixing mine with orange - not sure what to make yet, but everything will be stash for her challenges this year, so it definately will be a challenge !

This past week - lots of time was spent at swim practice - it's getting hard to see small needlework - so I decided to make a pair of fingerless gloves.  Couldn't find a pattern big enough for my hands - plus I wanted to use yarn I had on hand (stash busting) so I ended up using sock yarn.  Glove #1 turned out a bit tight - but already dd#2 is laying claim to it ... so it's all good.


This morning I decided it was finally time to make those pj's I've been promising the kids - 2 pairs down, 2 to go ! The Sponge Bob fabric on the back on #4's pj's is old .... really old .... from a fleece jacket that was first made to fit #1 when she was his age !  There wasn't enough for an entire pair of pj's - but he just loves the different fronts and backs - so again, it's all good.


Next on the list - not real sure.  There are still 2 more pair of pj's to make, but I'm not sure how much elastic I have in my sewing kit.  If not enough, I guess I'll search for a pattern for the yellow monochrome and get started on that.  Another day to sew tomorrow - whaoooooohooooooo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday