Stash Busting 101

The object of "stash busting" was to make as many items as possible from my already "too large to count" stash. Why too large to count, you ask? Because I have it hidden in so many places - by the time I find another rubbermaid tub to go through, I remember where there is more fabric (forgot about the bolts under the bed.

So this year - I am going to sew, sew, sew, and not buy, buy, buy. Well, except for this week. This week - while check Craigs List for quilting cabinets (one day I'll own one of those dream Koala type cabinets) I saw quilting kits for sale. Good quality, quilt shop quilt kits. For silly cheap prices. Even if I let the kids learn on one or two of these kits - it was worth the investment. So, sad to say, I did add to my fabric count this week - but I still have 11 months to use it and still end up in negative numbers. If you want to join in the fun and bust your own stash - post your figures with Judy at the Patchwork Times !

So - my January totals so far

Used this Week: 6.5 yards
Used year to Date: 6.5 yards
Added this Week: 30 yards
Added Year to Date: 30 yards
Net Used for 2010: + 23.5 yards (ooops)

I also bought another kit online - but it hasn't been delivered yet. It's a gift for a wonderful lady who is hosting a small group of online friends at her home in Texas for a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I didn't add that in yet - because I haven't received it ! But, isn't this just a wonderful quilt - I hope mine turns out that well - I'm not real big on applique !

Comments

Mary-Kay said…
I was looking at those quilting cabinets and they are way too expensive. There are other possibilities out there. Use your imagination. I bought a cutting table from IKEA and it's a kitchen island. http://mk.luckydot.org/2009/09/26/610/ and you can see all the IKEA products I have for fabric storage. The rest of my storage is from Home Depot-kitchen cabinets. All cheaper than a Koala cabinet. The only thing with built-in style cupboards is that I probably have to leave them here if I move and I'm not planning on doing that any time soon.
Kim West said…
I want one of those quilting cabinets too... but only when I can get my own room and don't have to share with my husband (oh and we are done moving for a while since we are in the military, those movers are notorious for not treating stuff very nice.) Currently I am just using a 6' folding table and I like it.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday