Good Bye 2013

It's been a great year.  I didn't lose the weight I wanted, and we had some very rough patches as a family, but we made it through, lots of tears might have been shed, but we are still together as a family, and still working it out.

I didn't hit many personal goals, I'm not as organized as I want to be, but my home is slowly coming along.  I took the first steps - I started throwing away furniture that was well beyond it's life span.  Well beyond.  Like it should have been thrown away 5 years ago.  Like I was embarrassed that the trash men had to pick it up and put it in the truck.  Paperwork - when it comes to my desk, I take care of it.  I bought a scan-snap ... best thing I think I've ever purchased - this year - not much paperwork is going up to the attic, it's getting scanned and shredded - love it.  It will always be available at my fingertips - and I back up my computer each day - so no chances of losing it !

All 4 kids went to school this year.  Made myself a promise - once taxes were done, I'd spend some time each day on home repairs or decorating or just deep cleaning, and I'll give myself permission to find time to sew every single week !  More time on me this year, even if I have to say no to some commitments - I've begun to rethink what is really important - my friends, my family - those that love me, and those that I can count on ...  other than that - I have no one to impress.  I want my kids to remember non-stop games of Monopoly, and shooting bow and arrow with mom, not a mom that is tied to her desk day after day.

So good-bye to 2013.  2014 is going to be great - and I'm going to live every single minute of it !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday