Sahara Sam's in NJ

Our second trip during Spring Break 2011 included a trip to Sahara Sam's - an indoor water park in West Berlin, NJ.  Everyone had a blast.   I had tickets leftover from December of 2009 - so the trip was free (I like free).  I had to sign waivers so the kids could ride the "flow rider" - sorta like an indoor way to surf.  Of course, since we're just at the beginning of the long course swim season, I reasoned with them that they could learn to boogie board on the flow rider, but no standing - there is no real need for broken  bones this season, right? 

They took quite a few spills before they figured out what they were doing.  There were a couple of older dudes there that obviously spent way too much time at the water park - they were able to do all types of tricks, but each session always ended with them wiping out (the wipe outs amused me for most of the afternoon - people would get thrown up the wall of water, and stand up trying to pull their swim suits up at the same time.  I saw one bloody nose, but that seemed to be the extent of injuries the entire afternoon.  I'm happy to say that except for a bump on the head that my oldest received - on a tube ride, not the flow rider - everyone remained injury free!)



Adam goes first - of course
Wayyy to easy mom!
He wipes out about 2 seconds after this picture was taken

Nadia goes next







Comments

Laura said…
Love the pics! And what did mom do???

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday