Revvin' in 2011

That's revvin - as in revvin your engine?  Yep - that's going to be my new motto.  I'm only focusing on a few things for 2011 - the major one is to get healthy again.  Can't believe it took me 3 years to lose 60 lbs, and less than 1 year to put it ALL back on.  Yep, it ALL came back - but it's only here for a short visit - cause it's really got to go.

I did make 4 New Years Resolutions - but I know I'll be able to keep them -

#1 - Eat HEALTHY everyday.  Simple right? 
#2 - Get to the gym 3 times a week - NO EXCUSES HERE
#3 - Sew, at least 2 times a week.  More on that later
#4 - Clean, 30 minutes each day


Eating healthy is pretty self explainatory.  I wear a Body Bugg, and I know I usually burn about 3,000 calories.  If I were just eating healthy foods 100% of the time, I'd be at goal weight already.  But those slices of apple pies, or chocolate cake, or slices of banana breads - they add up - so in 2011, I'll be seriously restricting them - and if I can't control myself - then I'll have to cut them off altogether, because I'm worth it!

Gym - I love the gym.  I loved going 6 times a week - even if I had to go at 4 a.m.  I know what stopped me from going (foot surgery) but now I've gotten lazy, and it's winter, and it's cold in the mornings, and, and, and .... too many excuses - right?

Sewing - Everyone in my family has an entry on the calendar.  The kids schedule the school activities, and of course there is the daily swim practices, and the monthly or more often swim meets.  DH schedules his tennis matches - 2 or 3 times a week.  Me, I schedule everyone's dentist appts, dr.'s appts, ect.  You get the idea.  I do schedule a monthly visit to the hair dresser - but everyone benefits from that LOL.  So, yep, I'm going to schedule some sewing time for me - and just me.  I can watch a movie in my office without worrying about the language the kids my overhear.  It's going to be my time, just like everyone else.

Cleaning - My house is pretty neat, but it's not spotless.  Then on the weekends, when I should have free time, I spend hours scrubbing floors, vacuuming, doing laundry, changing sheets, cutting grass, raking leaves....  If I just scheduled 30 minutes a day to keep things in order, I would have more free time on the weekends (for Sewing!) 

To me, it all comes back to a schedule.  If I want to get things done, I'm going to need a schedule.  If I want my family to eat healthier, I'm going to need a menu.  If I want to spend less time and money at the grocery store, I'm going to need a list.  If I'm going to find time to go to the gym, I need to schedule it.  So - I'm off to either create an Excel sheet that is breaks down my day in 15 minute intervals - or maybe head off to Staples to buy a new one just for me.  This is going to be the year of lists and schedules !  Stay tuned !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday