Egyptian Rabbit, Rice and Molikia

The day we picked to get married was also the same day that God decided it would be funny to drop over 3 feet of snow as a wedding present to a guy who had never before seen snow before.... who said God didn't have a sense of humor.  Anyway - as a surprise for our anniversary dinner this year, I had planned to make Egyptian rabbit, rice and molikia for my husband.  God again decided to throw a little snow into my plans (only 6" this time) so dinner was postponed until last night - but after all was said and done -- dinner was amazing, the kids and Sham both said it tasted just like his mom used to make ... which made me happy !  I used 2 Instant Pot to make dinner quickly ... and it was extremely easy.  

For the Rabbit - I took 2 frozen rabbits, threw them in the pressure cooker with some water, onions and 3 bay leaves.  Pressure cooked for 20 minutes (next time I'll only do 15, but they were still good)  Took them out, strained the broth, used 4 cups of broth and 4 cups on rice in another pressure cooker (One that I save for just yogurt and rice and other non-spicy foods).  Hit the rice button and then used the rest of the broth to make the molikia.  Just brought the broth to a boil on the stove top, added 2 packages of frozen molikia and allowed it to thaw/cook until it was all bubbling.  Browned the rabbit a bit on the saute function in Instant Pot # 1 and dinner was ready.  So quick, so easy, so good, I'll certainly be making this more often !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday