Saturday, June 2 - BACK ON TRACK

WI wasn’t too bad – up 1.2 lbs – but seeing as I’ve been on vacation, with no scale, I think I did OK. I haven’t been planning my meals, and I haven’t been journaling – both things I need to do to be successful. At today’s meeting – we were asked what do we do well? I know I can sew, and quilt, and I do both pretty well – but when I step back and think – there is a lot that I do well. I am a good friend to those I trust, and I do that well. I am a good mom and teacher for my children, and I do that well. I am a good spouse to my husband, and I do that well. On top of all of that – I keep all of our businesses organized and running smoothly so my husband can concentrate on what he needs to do, without worrying about the money, or any paperwork like permits, leases, and rent increases. I do that extremely well.

So as successful as I have been in my life – there is NO reason why I can’t be successful in my weight loss journey. I’m not even going to dwell on the many excuses I’ve used for not loosing the weight. I’m just moving forward.

My plan for June – make sure to move a little every day (yes, I know I move all day long, but I need to move JUST for the sake of exercising, not just because I need to get from here to there). Plus I need to drink my water. Those are the ONLY 2 things I’m going to concentrate on this month. I’ll be trying to journal every bite, and getting in my f /v along with my calciums – but I won’t fret if I don’t manage to get them all in. As long as I’ve moved and got all my water in – I’ll be pleased with my success this month.

Most of this weeks menu are new recipes - I haven't tried them yet, so I can't vouch how good they will taste. I will update as we try them -
although I have made
Green Stuff – this isn’t new – I’ve made this many of times in the past – love it
.


SATURDAY - BBQ lamb on the grill
Brown Rice
Grilled asparagus

SUNDAY -
Shrimp bisque and a good loaf of bread, salad
Baked sweet potato chips

**** I made the shrimp bisque - but stopped before I blended up the shrimps - just served it as a shrimp soup - and it was AWESOME just like that. That's how I'll continue to serve it to my family !




MONDAY - Talapia
Baked Mac and Cheese
Snickers Pie

TUESDAY -
Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean casserole
PISTACHIO GREEN STUFF

WEDNESDAY -
Crunchy Chicken Bake
Brown Rice
Salads

THURSDAY -
Vietnamese Chicken Thighs
Baked mashed sweet potato with pineapple

FRIDAY - Leftovers


U know - I always thought planning a menu, then posting all the recipes here, was time consuming. When I go to edit my posts - it shows me the exact time I published each post - it took me less than 10 minutes to copy/paste/publish each recipe. Yes, it took me 30 minutes to get all the recipes together in a word document - but really - a weeks menu in less than an hour - I'm worth that !!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have the Snickers Pie in my list of stuff to try and the Macaroni and Cheese is at the top of next week's stuff. Great minds and all that. I really like the site "Jamie's Kitchen." Great post.

And congrats on your weight loss journey. Duckee, you are a great friend and you do many things very very well.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday