A quick Good Morning

Wow - the summer is already flying by fast. I'm typing quick this a.m. - the workers will be here soon. They are installing a pocket door for me in the kitchen so I can leave my porch door open all the time. My fishpond with the 2 foot long koi in it is right outside the porch, and with those sliders open, I can hear the water running and the fish jumping (and croaking....who ever heard of fish croaking - need to investigate this one).

Had another swim meet last night - girls walked away with 5 firsts and 2 seconds - not a bad haul. I was most excited for my #1 dd - she's overweight, but loves to swim. They practice 2 hours each day - and it's a tough practice, yet she never complains. Yesterday she saw that she wasn't entered into her favorite event (butterfly) but instead the coach had entered her in the 50 back. I just told her it was to give other girls a chance to swim fly in her age group - but in the back of my mind, I knew what the coach was doing. She not only was pretty darn good at backstroke, but she pulled up even with the leader during the last 10 yards or so, if it were a longer race, she could have won. I think she now realizes that just because she likes something, doesn't mean it's whats best for her - now if only we can apply this to food !!!

Don't know what we'll do for dinner tonight. THinking I'll throw some burgers on the grill at lunchtime to feed the workers as well, then have salads and fruit for dinner. Be nice to have a quiet night.


Hope everyone has a great Thursday - next week ds goes back to school - so I'll have time to plan menu's and post recipes again !!!

Jerzy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Miss M! I'm proud of her. You've got a good coach. And woo hoo for Miss L and N.

I'm gone till Tuesday...that anniversary weekend, don'cha know! ;)

See you later, duckee.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday