Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


Was going to go to the grocery store last night - seemed like about a million other people had the same great idea - so I put Baby Bessie in reverse and went back the way I came. Figured I'd get up at 6 a.m. this morning - and hit the store before anyone else got up (no one is EVER at the grocery store at 6 a.m. - I know, I usually go at that time!). Wrong - by 7 a.m. - there were LINES at the checkout. I was going for my weekly trip - you cannot tell me that thousands of people ALL needed 5 gallons of milk and half a dozen loaves of bread - to get through the weekend? Yes, they are calling for snow - but come on people - by Sunday the roads will be clear again. DD #2 and I witnessed 3 near miss accidents on our way out of people trying to find parking - and the lot is HUGE. Amazing. But we are home, safe and sound, with plenty of food, and plenty of warm clothes, so I'm counting my blessings ! Now - for 3 days of non-stop sewing - just because I can :)

Comments

Marti said…
Dontcha just love doom & gloom weathermen who send everyone out to stock up for snowmagedden?

Love you new quilt too, btw.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday