Looking Fine in 2009

Yep - tha'ts my motta - this coming year - every day I'll be looking fine. As most of you know, I've been spending an hour or two each day at the gym. Course, not wanting to miss out on more of my family time - I get up at the very dark hour of 4 a.m. - and I'm usually at the gym by 5 (I have to pack dh's lunch and have the coffee pot ready to go by pushing a single button, or else he just couldn't make it LOL) From 5 - 6 I treadmill - either watching CSI, reruns of Law & Order, or some vampire movie called "Angel". I prefer the previous 2 ! Then on to the weights, and if I have enough time left - a session on the tanning bed. Although the weight isn't just dropping off like on Biggest Loser - my body is becoming more toned. I know what's hampering my weight loss - it's obviously the peanut M & M's (dark chocolate) that were calling my name yesterday. Or perhaps the minty chocolate chip ice cream that was calling my name the day before? Or maybe it was that everything bagel that called my name in the grocery store, so I bought him, sliced him in half, toasted him, spread him with light cream cheese - and then preceeded to sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. I see a theme here. Chocolate. Hmmmm - maybe if I promise only to log my chocolate entries, my weight will start to drop LOL. On a good note - watching the girls swim practice last night - they are all dropping weight and toning up.

Today is the State Swim Meet - they are excited, and so am I. They are hoping to qualify for JO's. I'm hoping they just improve their time and enjoy themselves. I'm taking along some notebooks to plan out dinners/menus as I'll probably be at the meet a good 8 hours. Not sure about dinner tonight - I think I'll convince dh to take Adam out for dinner, and I'll get the girls Subway or something on the way home. Need to take a turkey out of the freezer if we're going to have dinner next Thursday. Maybe I'll do a complete spread - even though we don't celebrate Christmas. I've promised myself plenty of sewing time - my machine is actually gathering dust !! Sad, but true. I have so many quilts started .... we refer to them as UFO's (unfinished objects). Plus I found out that our swim team head coach and his wife (also an assistant coach) are expecting baby #3 - so not only do I need to make them a team quilt with pics, but also another baby quilt. Time to stop playing on the net, get my schoolwork done, so I can sew, sew, sew !!

But first, I must (and you know I must) check online for great holiday deals. This is the time of year to stock your closets for gifts for next year !!!
Jerzy

Comments

Anonymous said…
My friend, the ONLINE QUEEN! I say this with such ooohh and aaahhh in my voice...can ya hear it??!! Actually, I'm doing some much couponing that I can't think of buying anything till I check for a coupon or online code. SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE? I like your motto, too.
How was the meet? I also sent you some crockpot recipes. Adjust them at will if ya want.
Anonymous said…
My friend, the ONLINE QUEEN! I say this with such ooohh and aaahhh in my voice...can ya hear it??!! Actually, I'm doing some much couponing that I can't think of buying anything till I check for a coupon or online code. SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE? I like your motto, too.
How was the meet? I also sent you some crockpot recipes. Adjust them at will if ya want.

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday