Happy Ramadan - 2012

First day of Ramadan. I was awake at 3:30 - afraid I would miss it I suppose. Of course, I wasn't hungry (who would be at 3:30 in the morning?) but had my cup of coffee anyway - because without - it wouldn't be a very pleasant day. Will try and stay pretty much on a normal schedule except I will be trying to fit in a nap in the afternoons, so I don't get run down. One of the things I love about Ramadan is that since I have a set time for dinner (tonight will be at 8:21 p.m., unless we go to the mosque to eat) - either way, I'll be cooking so that we'll have food to either break our fast with, or to eat when we get home (usually around midnight) - to allow us to fast the next day. I'll be linking some of the recipes I plan to make here - and then posting reviews and pictures as I make them. One of the first that I'm sure the kids and dh will love -

Moroccan Chicken

from the same web site will also be trying the Middle Eastern Chicken Burger as well as the Garbanzo Burgers - which is sorta like falafel - but not deep fried, and the web site says it freezes beautifully .... and since my freezers are pretty dismal after the power outage of July 2012 .... I have plenty of room in my freezer.

Adam's garden is producing like crazy. Yesterday I figured it was time to start making bread out of some of the zucchini ... I used Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe and let me tell you, it deserves the 3,000+ four star ratings ... I made 2 large loaves, and 4 smaller loaves. This morning I a have 2 small loves, and 1 large loaf left. We did not have any guests in our house. It was me, dh and 4 kids. I did add to the recipe (of course). Chocolate chip for starters, because the kids will eat anything with chocolate in it. Then I added some wheat berries, flax seeds, honey roasted sunflower seeds, a mixture of my baking spices and extra vanilla. It was amazing. I will make that again. Next - find a great recipe to use with my frozen blueberries!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday