Design Wall Monday

Finally - something to share again.  For those that follow me on facebook - you'll know I finally got this old 1930's machine up and running (it's only been sitting in my office for 5+ years)  The best part - it sews much better than any of my newer machines.  Yes, I still want an embriodery machine ... but for now - this is really making my life easier !  It handles like a dream - and I was able to put binding on this 92" X 108" quilt with very little trouble.  Now to see if I can get the back side hand sewn sometime during this week !  To see what others are working on - Check out Patchwork Times

Comments

Marti said…
It looks like a real workhorse. I had an old singer that looked a lot like that. It was a simple machine, but sewed really well. If you can do free-motion quilting, you can do a lot of embroidery on a regular machine.
Kathie said…
cool looking machine.
Vicki H. said…
Gorgeous quilt and a fab machine. I have a 1950's white that I have to figure out how to get up and running. These old machines stitch so well, why did they every make "new" ones??
Vicki H. said…
Gorgeous quilt and a fab machine. I have a 1950's white that I have to figure out how to get up and running. These old machines stitch so well, why did they every make "new" ones??
Quilter Kathy said…
What a great sewing machine...how wonderful that it still sews well!

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday