Beware of the Ides of March ....

Or St. Paddy's day, or my birthday - they all seem to always roll together into one big holiday. This year's birthday was pretty quiet .... the kids all made me gifts (coupons that I WILL redeem!) and cards, and dh purchased a gift certificate for a massage (that he later used because I really don't like massages!) The kids and I shared a small cake because he was playing tennis that night. He promised me lunch over the weekend ... we'll see.






The best part of the 3 day weekend - I finally got this old White Sewing Machine to run. I picked this thing up maybe 5 years ago ... and never really opened it because I really loved the cabinet. After finding out that the technician wanted $65 just to clean my newer machine, I decided to see how this thing sews. Luckily it came with a manual - and was able to take it apart, clean it, get it back together again, and - after searching online to see what was wrong, got it running again. Now this machine that was built in the 1930's is running smoother than any of my other machines ! Amazing how much better things were made back then !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday