June Happenings -

Wow - time is going by so quickly !! I never thought it would, I always thought I'd have all the time in the world to accomplish the things I wanted to try, but now I find myself picking and choosing what's most important - and right now - that's my kids !

#1 - She has decided to skip 8th grade and go right into High School.  I'm not really worried, we have been using the Calvert Curriculum, and it seems to be a much higher grade per level then public school.  She really didn't have too many free choices for her freshman year, but luckily our swim team's head coaches wife is a guidance counselor, and even though we aren't officially assigned to her, she's taking care of everything for us.  I do think #1 was a bit overwhelmed when we are at the school and the bell rung and she saw masses of kids rushing in the hallways, but I also think she's more excited than ever to give it a try !

#2 - Had an awesome swim meet this past weekend.  She made two Junior Olympic times for the next age group UP, so even after her birthday, she'll be able to go to the Junior Olympics.  I'm not sure if we'll be here or not, but if we are, I'll certainly take her, because she earned it.  We've been talking more and more about nutrition.  She must be going through a growing spurt, because she's been eating everything in sight lately.  Since she works out so hard, it doesn't show as much, but I still want her to learn control now, instead of trying to work it all off later !

#3 - My baby girl is growing up.  I caught her yesterday, when she wasn't looking, and she is really beautiful.  She does have this wicked head of hair, very, very curly - almost to the point of a frizz head.   One day she'll love all that hair, but for now, it does give mom's arms a workout !  She is also swimming, and reading up a storm.  I'm glad she has developed the love of reading - it makes homeschooling so much easier.

#4 - My baby boy is my heart.  Although he is almost getting to big to sit on my lap and give hugs first thing in the morning (note - I said ALMOST - I'll probably still try and hug him when he's a teenager LOL)  He also made the swim team this year (YEAH!) and is also playing tennis.  He qualified for summer school again this year, but the teacher told me I might want to think about sending him.  Since he is doing so well, and moving ahead, she doesn't want to surround him with kids that are beneath his learning level and allow him to go backwards.  He does like summer school, they make all types of crafts and things - so not too sure what I'll be doing.  I know he will have swim practice 2 or 3 mornings a week, so I'm thinking of only sending him part time.  We'll see.

As for me .... sad to say but my weight is almost back to where it was when I first went to WW - about 8 or 9 years ago.  Part of the reason was that darn foot surgery .... something is wrong for sure, dh wants me to go to a different doctor, but I never seem to have the time.  Very painful to walk most of the time, and it stays swollen 24/7.  I am getting to the gym 3-4 days a week, but I need to try for 5.  I also need to rethink my eating plan - it's definately time to make that "life change" everyone always talks about.  Just need to get my head on straight first.

I guess that's the updates here at the shore.  No pictures to share today - but I've found this is the easiest way to keep our extended family from around the world updated on our comings and goings.  It's supposed to be a beautiful day - get out there and enjoy it !

Comments

Marti said…
Sounds like your kids are growing up so fast and so beautifully. I agree that Calvert gives them an edge. I bet she'll do fine next year once she gets used to moving with a herd through the halls.

You sound just like me physically, right down to the dh pushing to go to another doctor (except mine is my elbow).

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday