IP Hawaiian BBQ Chicken


Made this last night for dinner - got thumbs up from EVERYONE, which rarely happens.

  • 3 lbs Chicken (I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
  • 1 C BBQ Sauce
  • 1/2 can of diced Pineapple (or dump the entire can, but use juice only NOT heavy syrup!)
  • 1 cup Coconut Milk
  • Chili Flakes to taste


Pretty simple really - I dumped the pineapple in first, mixed the other ingredients in a separate bowl, dumped the chicken in that bowl, gave it a stir, and then dumped the entire thing on top of the pineapple in the IP (HINT - take the insert out of the IP whenever you are making something ... that way no chance of making a mess!)

Pushed poultry and lowered the time from the standard 15 minutes to 10 minutes.  I let mine release NP for about 5 minutes, then couldn't wait any longer so I did the fast release, and wow, did the steam coming off smell good.  I took out the chicken once I got the lid off (I had washed the bowl I had used earlier so just used that) and then put the IP on Saute' with just the sauce in it and boiled it down until it got thick (I added a little cornstarch mixed with a tad bit more coconut milk to make it go faster)  I also used my potato masher to squish the larger chunks of pineapple while it was boiling down.  

Served it all over steamed rice .... and there wasn't any left to take a photo of :(   I guess I'll have to make this again !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday