A New Start

My husband and I had a long talk last night.  I had gone ahead and purchased a Vitamix 5200 for his mom, because he's leaving to go see her soon.  He wanted to make sure he knew how to work it, so I unpacked it, and got it all set up.  He made himself a smoothie.  He was sold.  He asked why I had never bought one for home - and I explained - they are expensive.  The one I want - the Vitamix 750 Pro, runs about $650.  Then we thought about it - we all could be eating much healthier - how many times do we grab a bowl of cereal simply because it's quick and easy.  Or a "healthy" bar, like a luna bar or a cliff bar - because we just don't have time for a meal. 

Vitamix 5200s Black : Featuring Variable Speed Control and Large Capacity 64oz Container - Also includes Getting Started Plus Recipe Book, Instructional DVD, and 7 Year Warranty!


So - I splurged today.  Not only did I buy a Vitamix 750 Pro, but also bought 2 extra containers (one wet and one dry - they were on sale for $50 each), new bread pans, a 50 lb bucket of white wheat berries, and some  new bread pans.  Now I know my Vitamix will mostly be used for smoothies.  I'm good with that.  But how nice will it be to have fresh ground flour, fresh breads, and fresh baked goods to serve my kids as well. 

Vitamix Professional Series 750 with 64 oz container, Brushed Stainless Finish

I know Amazon will probably have these on sale in the next month for the holidays - but I just didn't want to wait any longer.  I'm hoping to start posting new recipes, new pictures and creative new ideas to use my Vitamix for - and with all my new found free time, maybe, just maybe, my sewing machine will get uncovered again !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Rice Congee with Milk and Butter 3 points

Design Wall Monday

Design Floor Monday